My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

2.11.2008

The LAT reports Clinton is replacing her campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle with Maggie Williams (above). After my initial ha! over the fact that she's booting a Latina (the locked-up vote) in favor of a black woman (reaching out to the anti-mammy vote), I decided to do a little bit of research. I made a quick trip to LexisNexis, and now I'm not so sure this changing of the guard really matters. Both are old friends of Hillary's who have been with her since the beginning of her political life - Solis, back during Bill's first run, and Williams was chief of staff while Clinton was first lady (I wonder how much she had to do with that failed universal health care plan...). Solis had pretty much no experience in campaign management; pit that against the unstoppable pr machine Obama has (I know, I know, YES WE CAN! but he's got some sharks) and it's clear that Clinton needed an injection of something other than $5M. Williams held the Clintons down during the Whitewater escandale. It sounds like today is her payday. (Note: bonus points to whomever can tell me from which 90s kids/teen movie the title of this post comes.) ____ Listening to: Feist, "Secret Heart"

8 new thought(s):

La said...

His PR people are GENIUS.

I don't even know who reps him, THAT'S how good they are. They're like puppet masters in the background jerking the strings but making all the movements look natural. Shadowy figures and all.

GENIUS.

the joy said...

Wow. So her move was totally aesthetic? Well she's losing her lead (according to the wiki delegate count, the super delegates that have endorsed candidates put her in the lead but by votes he is in the lead...) and she's got no new ideas.

Have you seen barackawear.com? I want the black and pink. Need!

Jameil said...

i didn't know either woman's racial makeup. all i knew was ruh roh for the clintons when in the same month you're changing leaders AND "loaning" (you ain't gettin that back) your campaign money. but mccain's was supposed to be on life support 6 mos. or more ago and look where he is now. you never know where these campaigns will take you. when was the last time a race was this exciting!?

Anonymous said...

Maggie Williams is cute, in a Condoleezza Rice sort of way.

shani-o said...

@ Wife: yes, and that's not scary... how? (YES WE CAN! lol)

@ Joy: Well, there are still about 500 superdelegates who are up for grabs... and I think they're waiting to see how the rest of the primaries shake out. And YES, I really need to order the pink and green one.

@ Jam: Sho you right, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if his momentum runs out once we get to TX. (And I think the campaign did pay her back.)

@ Oxy: You're fired! Condi is way hotter.

shani-o said...

I'm disappointed no one even hazarded a guess... D2: The Mighty Ducks!

Jameil said...

b/c i never would've come up w/that. what in the...

Charreah said...

wow . . .Mighty Ducks 2?

zoom zoom zoom, make my heart go boom boom . . .