My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

3.20.2008


Hillary Clinton will be the death of me. Far be it from me to call anyone (especially anyone I don't know personally) out of their name... But. That woman. Will be. The death of me. Clinton: "Sen. Obama speaks passionately on the trail about empowering American people. Today, I am urging him to match those words with actions to make sure people of Michigan and Florida have a voice and a vote in this election." Excuse, me, but ... what? How are you, Ms. Michigan-and-Florida-don't-matter-but-I'ma-leave-my-name-on-the-ballots-anyway, going to call on Obama to support a re-vote, when you didn't care, six months ago? Obama responded to this foolishness in an interview on AC360, where he pretty much dismissed her response (without getting catty!) with: "Sen. Clinton, I have to say on this, has been completely disingenuous. She said when she was still trying to compete with the votes in Iowa and New Hampshire that Michigan and Florida wouldn't count. Then, as soon as she got into trouble politically and it looked like she would have no prospects of winning the nomination without having them count, suddenly she's extraordinarily concerned with the voters there." (Ok, so, 'suddenly she's extraordinarily concerned' was kind of catty.) A note on the nonsense in Michigan and Florida: you people broke the rules. Yeah, I get it. You were tired of Iowa and New Hampshire getting all the shine, while you had more delegates. I understand, really, I do, why y'all popped up, sayin' "hey! we matter, too!" But. You broke the rules. Your DNC leaders screwed up, and now the people are paying for it. But what's funny is, no one seems to remember that first part. What we keep hearing is: "boohoo, our delegates aren't getting seated, our voters are disenfranchised!" What I'd really like to do is shake someone at the DNC, and possibly slap them around a little, and say, "You knew the rules, and you broke them. In WHAT world is talking about re-votes and the like ok?" Apparently, it's ok in America, land of the free, home of the Crazy Logic. But back to Hillary. This... woman... is ridiculous. I'd say laughable, but every time I start thinking about her, my blood pressure goes up. What's funny is, I used to like her. Of course, she was benefiting from my (and every other black person's) former affinity for her husband. But I was excited for the woman when she won a senatorial seat. I thought that was really cool. Like, how often do first ladies get to actually make policy? Awesome, right? But man, this campaign has slowly eroded every single grain of respect I had for her, to the point where her voice truly grates on my nerves. Her attacks on a Obama really did her in, at least for me. He's running the campaign her husband ran in 1992, meanwhile she has become the Herbert Walker of the equation. Obama's integrity is, as far as I can see, unimpeachable, and he hasn't stooped to her level. And now, with reports on her schedules as First Lady revealing that, um, she wasn't single-handedly responsible for anything she claims, except the child healthcare plan that Bill pretty much stepped on, I've become nonplussed. And her Crazy Logic makes me angry. (I do love this pic, with Sway hanging out in the background... whatever happened to Sway? And at what point does one move on from talking to 14-year-olds about the 'news?')

3 new thought(s):

The Breaking Point said...

Bravo!

Clinton's calculus has changed from the time she was the presumptive nominee to now. That's being ready to lead on day one?

She blew it on the war. She blew it on NAFTA. She flip-flopped on both. She played the 'they're picking on me because I'm a woman' card. She played the race card ... and now she's trying to put Obama on front street to give her a chance at winning the nomination?

Adei von K said...

yeah, she's so extra right now. i don't like her in hat she's giving 'powerful' women a bad name. next time a female decides to run, thoughts of hillary, with her cattiness and crying, will come to mind!

Jameil said...

sway is wacktastic as is hillary. that... yeah about not calling folk out their name. i really really can't stand 98% of the things she stands for. you have no principles or character which means you wouldn't be far removed from the present screw up in office. you DID go along with his jacked up plan to get into this dead end $500 BILLION AND COUNTING war!!!