My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

5.12.2008

Today is rainy and gray and cold. Of course, there's only one remedy for a spring day like this. Rainboots! Last night, I did a brief survey of the rainboots out there, and came upon the following lovelies. There are these at Target... they're green, functional, cheap, but ... boring. Then we have these at Nordstrom... they're fly and sophisticated looking, no? And then we have these at Zappos. And I kind of seriously ::heart:: them. So pretty and fun and whimisical! Then I went to J. Crew to check out their Critter Wellies — there was a pair that was pink with olive dots. Unfortunately, when I tried them on my (admittedly larger than average) calves, it felt like they were trying to to give my legs a hickey. So, no go. I did find a cute dress (don't we always end up getting what we're not looking for?) and picked up two of their awesome tank tops - white and yellow. The dress (mine is more red-orange): Final score: 1 pretty summer dress, 2 tank tops, 0 rainboots. Let me know which pair you like best in the comments!

6 new thought(s):

Jameil said...

how are you gonna be an AKA and not like the green ones w/the pink lining? i don't like them but i'm just saying. i kid! i used to get so annoyed when people used to act like i could only wear blue and gold. clearly that got a GO SADDOWN!! cute dress! i'm going w/the peacock boots but the thought of $60 for boots is abhorrent to me.

La said...

*blink*

the joy said...

ok. i only like the first one. the patterns are a bit much for me and shoes simultaneously, lol. but actually wearing them in the rain would annoy me because i dont like to be bright in the rain. so there's that. but if it were like, a sun shower? all day.

CNEL said...

I like the one's from Nordstrom's.

Unknown said...

I like the boots from Nordie's.

Adei von K said...

i'm for the pink and green, duh!

more so cause i'm a solid person and not the biggest fan of crazy patterns. plus, look how bight and cheery the green is! imagine those on a gray and dismal day!

the rose bush is too busy/whimsy for me and the peacock feathers... much better in person. peacock feathers are fab as i don't know what, but not on galoshes.