My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

8.20.2008

I was a huge DMB fan in high school and college. I own all of their studio albums up to American Baby, and several live albums. My favorite is Live at Red Rocks, but the best one was Live in Chicago (and that's how you know your stan-dom, when you know your personal fave isn't necessarily the best). I used to regularly stalk the website, and can rattle off the names of the five original members in a single breath. Dave Matthews, Boyd Tinsley, Carter Beauford, Stefan Lessard, and Leroi Moore. Dave did the strummy-la-la and the unintelligible singing, Boyd killed it on the violin, Carter held down the drums, Stefan did his cool bass thing, and Leroi brought the jazz. Leroi brought the jazz. The saxophonist was the quietest member of the band, rarely giving interviews, and generally content to let the other members speak. I'm sad to see him go. Lover Lay Down - Dave Matthews Band

3 new thought(s):

glory said...

I was also sad to hear this. He was such an important part of their mix.

the joy said...

"crush" is my favorite song by them. As much as I believed everything is better with a violin, that sax made that song sexy. Le sigh.

Ashley A. said...

I didn't know he passed away. That is sad. "Crush" and "Lover Lay Down" are two of my favorites, too.

It all reminds me of our DMB concert together! It was so fun to have someone to share my love of the band with. Ah, good times... :)