My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

1.16.2008

I love children's books. I've spent time wandering through Oz, riding in the ear of the BFG, coloring with a purple crayon, and laughing at the residents of Avonlea. There are dozens of other kid lit books that have made an indelible impression on me. But one of my all-time favorite children's books is The Phantom Tollbooth.

It's completely random, yet crafted perfectly, and so deliciously punny you can taste the words on your tongue. Maybe I love it because I love puns, and maybe I love it because it's brilliant.

Right now I'm reading the chapter about the dangers of jumping to Conclusions; Conclusions being an island full of people who decided something without having a good reason for their decision.

It's a pity it's not a real place (although I'd probably be a permanent resident). _____

Listening to: iTunes on shuffle Erykah Badu, "Kiss Me On My Neck"

1 new thought(s):

GreatWhyte said...

Ooooooh I love them too! My mom was an early childhood professor, so my room and playroom were JAMMED with books. Bridge to Terabithia, Lord of the Rings, Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day.... **sigh** I miss being a kid!