My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

2.06.2008

I have three recurring dreams. They're weird, and cool, and interesting, and nerve-wracking, and beautiful. They almost always end up well. Dream A) I'm on a journey, walking by a bay or a set of piers. It's dry and sandy, but there are merchants and pirates and life bustling around. I'm content, but looking forward to... moving forward. Now that I think about it, it's probably influenced by this RPG I used to play with my video game obsessed ex-boyfriend... Dream B) I'm looking at a map, and then I'm walking. You know that dashed line (like on a pirate's treasure map)? I'm following that. I'm going through Europe, and Russia, and maybe Middle-Earth and then all of a sudden, I'm in the mountains, walking beside a random stream that bubbles over rocks and disappears below in the distance. The night falls, and lights bob on a wire. It's beautiful, and I'm totally happy and at peace. Dream C) I'm in a house/mansion or sometimes a hotel. I wander the hallways and stumble upon a perfect room. It's opulent and warm, sunlight streaming in through rich velvet curtains. Baroque furnishings, like something out of Beauty and the Beast. As I leave one room, I find another even more lovely. I can never go back to the room which came before. I keep coming upon a beautiful balcony. I'm terrified that whoever owns the house will come home, but then it turns out it's mine. This is the only dream where I see members of my immediate family- mom, dad, sister, niece and nephew. ____ Listening to: A Tribe Called Quest's "Midnight Marauders."

10 new thought(s):

Yellow Rebel said...

I rarely get recurring dreams anymore. I wish I had RPG like dreams...

Listening to : Mostly Prince as of now

Jameil said...

let me get up on some of those good dreams!

shani-o said...

YR- Yeah, I'm trying to remember the name of the game, but it was a lot of fun. And I loooove Prince!

Jam- I have NO idea where they're coming from!

Yellow Rebel said...

Not to sound like a cornball, but I remember really enjoying Super Mario RPG for the SNES. My friends and I sit around all day talking about that type of retro/pop culture junk. We're the types to laugh at everything on Robot Chicken

La said...

Oh to have nice dreams...

Rashan Jamal said...

Midnight Marauders is one of my faves.

My dreams usually end up with some kind of twist, like a M Night Shymalan movie.

the joy said...

When I was lil, I'd have dreams of me walking up a big spiral staircase. Always looking up, and it would never end. Lately I've been having random and stupid dreams, like last night I was at the biggest Target ever, and I couldn't find the swimsuit section.

shani-o said...

YR- I can get down with almost everything on Adult Swim BUT Robot Chicken, lol!

Wife- you get to have some too!

RJ- Isn't Midnight Marauders the hotness? Why oh why can't we get more hip hop like that?

Yoj- the randomness of that dream! The funny thing is, after all these great dreams, I just had one where I got a DUI with a $4000 fine. And I wasn't even the one driving my car! I woke up SO relieved.

Adei von K said...

MM- the most purchased Tribe album. People lose it or it gets stolen and people HAVE to replace it! I LOVE midnight mauraders!

nice dreams. i keep on having ones where i'm wetting the bed :-(

Oxymoron said...

Dream A: I'm the pirate on the left selling smoothies. Come see me some time.