My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

3.24.2008

Clinton Misspoke About Bosnia Trip, Campaign Says Says Clinton: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base." Says Sinbad (and everyone else who was there): "What kind of president would say, 'Hey, man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife...oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you." Says Clinton spokesman, Wolfson: “It is possible in the most recent instance in which she discussed this that she misspoke in regard to the exit from the plane, but there is no question if you look at contemporaneous accounts that she was going to a potential combat zone, that she was on the front lines.” And the picture of Clinton, with Chelsea in tow (because, yeah, we're gonna bring the first lady and her teenage daughter to the 'front lines' of a combat zone) says: [Via the NYT] "We're not smiling, we're ... grimacing out of fear! And I'm wearing a flak jacket underneath this oh-so-fashionable mid-90s London Fog trench coat." Oh, she's such a lie!! I'm like Claire Huxtable when it comes to lying. Do you remember that episode when Vanessa was out all night with Jeremy and she told her parents she was studying at her friend Cara's house, and then Claire and Cliff found out because Rudy couldn't keep her mouth shut, and then they turned the couch to face the door and waited for Vanessa to come home? Remember?? Here's a link to it (no embedding, sorry). Well, right now I just wanna stop Hillary before she drifts deeper into the abyss of untruth.

5 new thought(s):

Jameil said...

i read sinbad's take on the trip a few weeks ago. it had me WEAK!! too funny. London Fog? no ma'am! lol. if they're gonna have daily outings of "she misspoke", we're gonna be here all day!!

the joy said...

Sinbad, still funny after all these years, lol. Um, why create all this story if there are people who can just as easily be like, that's not what happened! I mean they caught it on tape! Her description wasn't even close to what happened! Stop! Lmao. And then she tried to change it up and it was a whole new story, and you can tell she was covering up her lie.

CNEL said...

I'm not doing the partisan politics just yet, well or in the near future, this campaign has me tired as hell. But what the hell was she thinking? I really am wondering if this will get as much play as everything else out there, though I did see this included. in a report on NBC NightlY News.

shani-o said...

Jam- So true. I think it's a little ridiculous. She lied. Say it. SAY IT!!!

Joy- I think she lied without thinking about it. Which, to me, is more dangerous than premeditated lying.

CNel- I get tired from it, too, but then I listen to Obama speak and I feel re-energized, lol. Like I said to Joy, the woman wasn't thinking, just spitting out what sounded good in her head.

La said...

Why am I not at all shocked? She's been "misspeaking" about her foreign policy experience for a year. Throwing a tea party in a foreign country doesn't give you policy experience.