My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

3.10.2008

** Lest you think I've fallen off the face of the earth, allow me to offer my apologies for spending 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 days away from you all.** I was in Philadelphia (now dubbed "The City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection") from the March 6-9 for the Centennial North Atlantic Regional Conference of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Aaaand, my birthday was on the 9th! (Side note: my mother, very thoughtfully, sent me a pink and green birthday card in which she inscribed: "Happy 24th!" To those of you who don't know, I actually just turned 23. Am I wrong to think that maybe, just maybe, the one person who should always know how old I am is my mother?) I usually don't post a lot of pics on this-here blog, but I'll share one of my favorites with you all. Marvel at my fine-ness. (I'm rocking the "Barack the Vote" shirt.) I finally got a chance to see our Centennial Regional Director Evelyn Sample-Oates in person (no pics with her though) and I was blown away. She is the consummate Alpha Kappa Alpha woman: a wife, a mother, beautiful, incredibly fly, smart, friendly, genuine-seeming, and about business. I have a small crush. My birthday party continues this weekend in NYC... I don't think anyone who reads this blog is in the area, but if you are, hit me up in the comments. (And to celebrate the impending return of Gossip Girl, I leave you with...) You know you love me. XOXO.

6 new thought(s):

Jameil said...

aww! too cute. but yeah.. about that 5 days thing... don't let it happen again. HAPPY BELATED!!

La said...

:-(


I wanna come.

Yellow Rebel said...

Hey Shani-o

Happy (belated) Birthday.
I got that comment u left on my Biggie tribute. As a random fact, Jay-Z's DOB is the same date that Fred Hampton was assassinated. Coincidentally, that same date is also a notable date in Black Greek history...

Cheers

shani-o said...

Jam- I know, I know. I was actually gonna write something while I was at the club on Sat night and e-mail it, but... that woulda been lame, right?

Wife- me too. :-(

YR- Look at you with the hip-hop/black history knowledge. I'm trying to expand my horizons, so it's good to know these things. (And thanks!)

GreatWhyte said...

HEYYYYY!!!! I'm in the NYC area :(

shani-o said...

X- you gotta come out then! I'll hit you up on FB with details.