My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

4.16.2008

Ok, this picture (I saw it on a friend's facebook page) made me laugh. I mean, maybe it's an AKA thing, but I sorta don't have a problem keeping one's nose in the air. I shared it with a coworker, and he was like: "I want a president who is smarter and just all-around better than me. Otherwise, I would run. And that would be good for no one." Rock on, snobs!

10 new thought(s):

Adei von K said...

and what abt michelle's woes on spending $10,000 on dance and music lessons? i love it! i have no qualms with leading a cultured life and i hope my president is better than most too! help the country step its game up!

Anonymous said...

Is this condescending or inspirational? I make that same face when I smell breakfast.

Jameil said...

lmao!! jay leno soooo said last night in his monologue, "I want a president who is smarter than most people. i don't think that's a bad thing. it should be a req. of the job." hello!! lol.

GreatWhyte said...

I ADORE the whole concept... Maybe it's me finally embracing the image of the stuck up light-skinned girl everyone threw at me while growing up. Rock on, Obama family!

Angela Koi said...

I don't know...maybe its just me, but letting the public know that there are people who are ignorant, and people who are stuck in their ways, and people who make grossly uninformed decisions based on predjudices and ignorance is not elitism...its education and the truth...but you know I'M an elitist too...I like to inform people...and I have the tendency to tell the truth

Rashan Jamal said...

Can you smell what Barack is cooking?

They got him looking like The Rock for real.

the joy said...

"if you don't think you're better than me, than what the f*ck are you doing?!" Jon Stuart.

So true. I don't want me running for pres. I want a dude 100x better.

Yellow Rebel said...

hey this comment has nothing to do with this post...

Um, I tagged you in my Alicia Keys "Teenage Love Affair" video post

Just felt like letting you know!

Anonymous said...

I've never had a problem with the idea of snobbishness or elitism. If the Obamas represent elitism, well, more people should strive to be elitist.

Michelle Obama in particular is about as regular as they come. She's from the South Side of Chicago and attended public schools. I guess the "problem" is that she made something of herself and went on an Ivy league tour in the process.

Jameil said...

i wonder if shani will ever post again...