My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

4.29.2008

Today is my anniversary, or AKAversary, if you will. Technically, I'm no longer a neo. "Neo" is a shortening of "neophyte" which means a beginner, or one newly converted (to Christianity, originally). For new converts to Alpha Kappa Alpha, or any other Greek Letter Organization (GLO), there's a certain fervor or excitement. There are even "superneos," those young people who are about their GLO and little else (you can distinguish them by the triple 'nalia they wear everywhere). I called this blog "The Neo" because that's the frame of mind I was in when I started blogging again. It felt new. Even though I'm no longer a neo in AKA, I'm keeping the title, because I'm still a neophyte in adulthood, in life. There is so much to see and do, and I feel truly thrilled by all that awaits me on my journey.

4 new thought(s):

GreatWhyte said...

Yay!!!! No more neo!

HAPPY AKAversary!!!!!!!!!

Jameil said...

awww. congrats chica! too cute.

1969 said...

You are officially my little sis because we share our AKAversary.

Congrats on such an auspicious milestone Soror.

SHE_UNIQUE said...

Hello Soror! And..congrats. 4 years and counting...