My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

5.27.2008

How was your Memorial Day weekend? Mine was relaxing (no more work at the Grill!) and productive (I cleaned out my car, organized my financial papers.) I also read my personally signed copy (thanks, Demby!) of Ta-Nehisi Coates' The Beautiful Struggle. It was excellent, and I highly recommend you get a copy. Coates (whose blog I frequent) writes poetically about growing up black in Baltimore. The book certainly deserves more analysis than I can give at this very moment, but it holds within it the rhythm of hip-hop, the fear of youth, the cruelty of poverty, and ... multitudes. It's definitely a must-read.

2 new thought(s):

CNEL said...

Oh it's about growing up in Bmore I saw it and it looked interesting, it'll likely be on my book list then.

Jameil said...

ooh! i thought it looked interesting, too! i can't wait to read it now! :)