My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

8.26.2008

[Picture borrowed from the lovely and hilarious Black Snob. She keeps us swimming in Obama family photos.] Is it just me, or is this the most tear-inducing presidential election ever? I've cried or come close to it soooo many times since Iowa, I'm a little ashamed of myself. Between Barack's amazing speeches (to which I've become somewhat immune, though I'm sure I'll need a box of tissues on Thursday) and the gorgeous Obama family, I'm often a pathetic, weepy, mess. The speeches from last night were no exception. And I know it's not just me. It's also my friends. And I would say maybe it's just because black folks are so durn proud of the Obamas that we can't help ourselves, but it ain't just us. My Puerto Rican-Jewish coworker said his wife (who's white) was crying by the end Michelle's speech too. What got me while Michelle was speaking was the moment when her eyes started to shine and you could hear in her voice that even she was close to tears. I'm not complaining, mind you. It's good to feel something about the political process, just as it's important pay attention to the actual issues. I just wanna know, did people cry when FDR was running for president? Did people tear up at the sight of Nancy Reagan on stage? In other news, I posted a round-up of reactions to Michelle's speech on PB, and I somehow managed to keep my hormones out of it.

2 new thought(s):

Yellow Rebel said...

Lol...

someone needs a hug

the joy said...

Yeah, yesterday I would have disagreed, but I watched the delegate vote tonight and when Nancy P asked who agreed with the decision to forego the rules and appoint obama the nominee (they used some big term I can't remember) and everyone screamed "aye!" I almost shed a tear. I definitely cheezed though. And started dancing to love train. Yeah, I was at work, so?