My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

1.23.2008

I've been on a quote spree, and I was looking at some Malcolm quotes, in an effort to understand why he doesn't get any love. Obviously the violence (if necessary) he advocated was a turn off to those who decide who's worthy of remembrance. But why do we pick peace (MLK) over violence (Malcolm)? Because peace isn't scary. What people fail to realize is that which is scary is only scary because it's unknown. Violence leads to the unknown (sometimes better, as in the French Revolution; sometimes worse, as in Israel/Kenya/Afghanistan). Peace leads to...? Anyway, I came across this Malcolm quote, and I love it. Hopefully I can live it.

"Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today."

2 new thought(s):

Jameil said...

oooh. i like that one. but like everything, it, too must be taken with a grain of salt.

Adei von K said...

i love malcolm and would take a MX Day any day!