My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

1.25.2008

I'm still on a Malcolm kick. I was listening to the Ballot or the Bullet speech yesterday, and I heard this gem:

"Anytime you throw your weight behind a political party that controls 2/3 of the government and that party can't keep the promise that it made to you during election time, and you're dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that party, you are not only a chump, but you're a traitor to your race."
This is basically why I'm not a Democrat. This speech is one everyone should listen to at least once. It's pure genius.

2 new thought(s):

Jameil said...

the repubs do it everytime they get in power, too. why do you think they get ousted? when you have a two-party system bouncing does no good. i choose the lesser of two evils when "aligning" myself with a party only so i can vote in the primary. but when choosing a pres, i pick the one i believe can best lead, regardless of party.

we should probably put term limits on congress so we can get some fresh blood in there instead of career politicians who have forgotten what it means to politick with constituents and lobbyists who don't spray showers of perks their way. malcolm is so fabulous.

and i'm delighted you're back. your blog will give me lots to catch up on at work tomorrow. can't wait. you shall have lots of comments.

CNEL said...

I agree with Jam.

But curious as to whether you identify as a Repub or an Independent.