My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

2.29.2008

This morning I was checking the news on my BB, as I normally do, and I came across a story about HRH Prince Harry being removed from Afghanistan. First thought: wait, what? I thought they weren't gonna let him go to war. Second thought, hmm, sneaky Brits. Third thought, wow, that's kinda cool. Apparently, the British media agreed to keep mum about the young prince going to Afghanistan, but it was leaked in the Aussie press... and by the Drudge Report. Bloody Americans! So, why am I writing about this? It's not about Blacks, it's not about Americans, it's not about music, or even Gossip Girl. It's a slow news day, maybe. Or maybe I'm just trying to come back with a vengeance. I'm not sure. But I know I was slightly impressed by the fact that the boy went. I can't imagine ANY president (or presidential candidate) sending a son off to war. The British may be crazy (this includes my own family living across the pond), but they seem to respect duty and honor. And I respect doing it more than I respect talking about it. Unfortunately for the prince, it looks like he's gonna have trouble creating the glorious military career he seems to be angling for. He's too valuable. By the way, is it just me, or has everyone forgotten about Afghanistan? There's a war going on over there, and yet all we talk about is Iraq, Iran, Iraq, Iraq, Iraq, North Korea. Hmm. ____ Listening to: Coldplay's Parachutes.

7 new thought(s):

Jameil said...

wow! he's a baller for going. i'm glad he's not dead tho i would comfort his big bro. come her william. come to melly.

The Breaking Point said...

Whoever leaked word of Harry's deployment to Afghanistan should be ashamed.

Here's a prince who wants to serve his country and be treated like everyone else and that isn't good enough?

When he was punching photographers in the face and walking around wearing Swastikas, the media took that and ran with it.

He goes to Afghanistan to fight terrorists and now his life is in jeoprady. He can't win for losing.

My thought is that there should be no British troops fighting in Afghanistan (which has been forgotten) or Iraq.

Adei von K said...

i LOOOOOOOOOOVED that he was in Afganistan! So much respect for that cause, you're right!! No american would do that. Damn sure no politician! this is 3rd in line to the throne calling air raids!!!! Love it!

GreatWhyte said...

I thought it was bullshit that he be removed because his presence was leaked. If he was enough of a G to go, and his father wasn't pressed enough to keep him at home, then whatever happens, happens. Nobody else gets to go home early. Bah..... politics of war.

the joy said...

I wish they would have never leaked that he was there. He was trying to be an upstanding citizen and what not... I mean we weren't even thinking of Harry so he was fine where he was. I understand why he has to go home... He's a target. I was on his side when he was fighting to go so I think it sucks. I mean, I think we shouldn't be over there, but for those that will VOLUNTEER to go, by all means.

Jameil said...

If they were to leave him there now that it's leaked it would put his entire co. at risk for all the attackers trying to be heroes by killing the prince.

shani-o said...

Jam- lol @ you comforting Will...

LH- I totally agree. Especially about the Brits being there. We dragged them into this and now they're stuck dealing with it.

Stace- I know, right! Although, I hear this is reallllllly good publicity for Buckingham Palace.

X- True, true. If it were just about him being in danger, he'd probably still be there. But he makes his whole regiment (or whatever) a target.

Joy- It's really sickening that it was leaked.