My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

6.02.2008

We have a nominee. He looks like this: I started to follow the Michigan and Florida delegate decisions made over the weekend, and found my blood pressure increasing when Hillary's supporters started chanting noise about going all the way to Denver with this foolishness. But then it occurred to me that Barack wasn't sweating the delegate count even before they decided to seat all the delegates with 1/2 a vote each. And if he isn't worried, why should I be? Barack Obama is the nominee. Even Hillary's supporters are calling her desperate at this point. And if a blind man can see that ... (sorry, I couldn't help myself!). As of today, I've decided I'm going to take a break from getting angry about that woman's magical math which puts her ahead in the popular vote. And her attempts to poach supers from Obama. And her racist supporters. And her husband. This primary — record breaking though it was — is over. And I'm gonna need my strength to get me through the general election.

8 new thought(s):

The Breaking Point said...

You're spot-on and yet I can't seem to get over the nagging feeling that some Bushonian hijinks are in the offing.

Well, that and his "former" church has all but ruined his chances to be president.

Jameil said...

there you go baby! i reached that place about a week ago and i'm glad you've joined me (as i knew you would). isn't it so pretty on this side?

shani-o said...

LH - Ain't no way there can be funny business after all this. The party is putting its interests first, and Obama is its best chance. And you know, I still don't think Trinity has been that detrimental. The truth will out, you know? Besides, like I think I asked you before, it's not the church's responsibility to get Barack elected.

Jam- it's sunshiny and there are flowers and kittens everywhere! Why didn't you tell me? I woulda shown up much sooner!

CNEL said...

LoL I'm so over it though. I'll be glad when it's over, though the excitement of it all does make me want to stay in journalism.

It will be very interesting to watch Hill and Bill and see where they go from here.

The Breaking Point said...

Agreed, my dear, but is it the church's responsibility to make sure he doesn't get elected?

As to Obama being the party's best chance, is he really? If there aren't enough folks who are willing to vote for him and we know these same folks would vote for Hillary ... See where I'm going with this?

the joy said...

So true. I'd still love it if she went ahead and conceded tomorrow as it sounds like she might, but you know, whatever. I think I'd be a mad voter too if they said my vote only counted for half, but at the same time, barack didn't even get votes from one of those states(officially), so...

Let's beat McCain! Shani I'm writing up signs, you with me?

La said...

so handsome *swoon*

shani-o said...

CNel- don't tell me you're a j-school grad who doesn't want to be in the industry! That was me three years ago!

LH- I'm picking up what you're puttin' down, dear. But, say Hillary were the one to get the nomination. Can't you just imagine that all those hardworking Americans who couldn't bear to pick a black man over a white woman, thinking the same thing about picking a woman over a man? And despite all her 'experience' I suspect McCain would be able to make a fool of her.

Joy- "The Only Thing McCain's Gonna Do in the Oval Office is Nap!" (That's my contribution!)

Lauren- That wasn't really the point, honey. But, yes, indeedy.