My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.shanio.com and update your bookmarks.

1.30.2008

My feelings on Rihanna are well-documented (or were, on the old incarnation of this blog), so I'm sure you can imagine the serious WTF?? face I had when I saw this poster. 'Ye? Check! N*E*R*D? I thought ya'll were broken up, but sure! Lupe? SHHHYEAAAAAHHHH! (Did I mention I'm going to see him tomorrow night? I'm so effin' excited, you guys!!!) But... Rihanna? How does she fit in? Maybe they really needed a chick who was hot right now and Beyonce's tour rider was longer than everyone else's put together? And, well, Mariah is crazy. That's about all I can think of. Rih's music is slightly weird, so I can see how she fits in that way, but come on! {haterism}Unlike everyone else on that poster, she doesn't actually have a talent, and that just doesn't feel right.{/haterism} Oh well, assuming the bottom is in chronological order, I'm pretty sure I'll be going to this show... kinda late. *Note: I'm loving this poster. Very Return of the Jedi.

9 new thought(s):

Jameil said...

fab poster & exciting prospect!! we know how i feel about her too eh eh eh.

Yellow Rebel said...

I had the same reaction when I saw Rihanna on there. It's probably the Def Jam connection. Definitely a good look for Lupe. And the Star Wars lettering is cool.

Adei von K said...

YO!! That poster is the hottest ish out there!! i want it, I want to go, I want to hang it on my wall AFTER the concert!

and as for ri-ri, all your points are very valid. i mean, her pleather get-ups fit in with the daft punk and n.e.r.d. sound... i guess... sure... we'll go with that.

shani-o said...

Jam- we're so ::here:: lol

Yellow Rebel- Welcome to my blog! I agree with this being a good look for Lu... he deserves the attention this tour is going to give him. He's worked so hard, and is SO GOOD at what he does.

Stace- girl, me too! I'm going to have to cop this poster, and put it up on my wall like I'm 12 again. Also? LMAO at the "pleather." Seriously, the chick looks like a discount dominatrix these days.

Yellow Rebel said...

thanks shani-o. if you get a chance feel free to check out my weblog.

La said...

I loooooooooove this poster.


Rhi rhi has grown on me, but moreso in an oh-that-catchy-and-well-produced-and-arranged kinda way. I def had the same reaction to her involvement. Err?

OMG NERD IS GOING ON TOUR!!!!!! I'M SOOOOO IN, lol

the joy said...

Must. Go.

Need. To. Live.

Rashan Jamal said...

yeah, I might need to hit this one up. I'm with you on Rihanna, but I'll put up with her to see the rest of the acts.

shani-o said...

@ Wife and Joy - Ummm, once tour dates are released, I say we pick a place in the middle and GO!

@ Rashan - You're far more tolerant than I!